Did you know that most women unknowingly wear the wrong size bra?
Wearing an ill fitted bra can put your health at risk. Not to mention the amount of discomfort you experience the whole time you're wearing the incorrect size bra. Adding to the that, the look of your outfit is ruined. And how under-confident that makes you feel.
You go through all this just because you do not consult a professional bra fitter. We suggest you do talk to one or just DIY (Do It yourself).
If you have forever wondered how to find the perfect fitting bra for yourself, we have all the answers for you right here. Simply read on for a crash course in accurately measuring your bra size with nothing more than a tape measure.
We do not want you to wear the wrong size bra again
Bras are such a brilliant and functioning invention. And yet, a perfect fitting bra seems to remain elusive to us as we go about wearing either a bit large or a bit small a size. If you thought that it was the brand’s fault that you feel so uncomfortable in your bra, think again.
We have a step-by-step guide on determining your bust size. It's going to be so accurate that you would want to hug us.
- It does not matter what kind of bra you like wearing. It could be sports bras, sexy sheer bras, padded bras or non-padded ones. There's are a few standard measurements that will help you find your best size match.
- Go around your chest just under your bust or underarms with the measure tape to determine your band size. Make sure to not hold it too tight or too loose. The band provides the most support and holds your bust up.
- Next, measure around the widest or fullest part of your bust to determine the bust size.
- A difference between the band and bust sizes will give you your individual cup size. If it is a difference of 1 inch, your cup size is ‘A’ or if it is 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 or 11 inches, your cup size will be ‘B’, ‘C’, D’, ‘DD’, ‘DDD’ and ‘F’, ‘G’, ‘H’, ‘I’, ‘J’ or ‘K’ respectively.
- It is a good idea to refer to the brand’s size chart as there may be slight size variations between different labels. Also, determine if it denotes the various sizes in centimetres or inches and go ahead with making your measurements accordingly.
- The bra band must fit well even when you hook the closest row of hooks together and it is at its tightest. The area between the cups also called the centre gore, must ideally lie flat against your chest, with no space for your fingers to go through if you try to place them there. There should not be any empty areas, side spillage, or an underwire that rides up or pinches your bust. The straps must rest well on your shoulders without biting into your skin or falling off.
Crimson Lingerie offers a professional bra fitting session that just takes a couple of minutes and you're done. You can walk in to our stores at these locations or call us at 403-210-2121 to assist you in selecting your perfect size if you are buying online.
Blog post by Nikita Mathur